Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Spring Tea

Every year, the Talbot Wives host a lovely, LOVELY Spring Tea in Redondo Beach.  This year, I was feeling much more myself and had a wonderful time.  (Last year at the Spring Tea, I was about 13 weeks pregnant and so incredibly sick.  I was miserable shade of pistachio green and I sat fanning myself from nausea, even tho it was a chilly 60 degrees outside).  Needless to say, this year was superb.

The sky was blue and the sun was warm and we had a wonderful morning (a baby free morning, mind you) with great conversations and many lessons in hospitality.  I think everyone was encouraged to reach down and embrace their very own inner Martha Stewart by the time it was said and done.

The tea included several courses of savories, scones with clotted cream and of course cupfulls and cupfulls of tea with sugar cubes and floating flowers.  And of course it was all served on beautiful, heirloom, "real" tea sets.  It was lovely.  Simply lovely.
Stephani and I (we have baby girls about two weeks apart).  

Stephani, Me, Sarah, Darcie, Haylee & Danielle

Tea and Sugar cubes with Floating Fondant Flowers.


Jenny, Sarah, Tiffany (who had baby Maddie!) and Stephani

Crystalinda, Jill, Sara & Karen

3 comments:

Kristyn said...

that looks so fun!

Jenny said...

I SO want to recreate the tea! I think I'll start trying to collect tea sets. Does that make me old? :)

BrookeS said...

It was SO fun! And NO, Jenny, it doesnt make you old! I want to do the same thing!! :)