Sunday, December 13, 2009

Advent Season

I truly look forward to Advent every Christmas season, and this one is nonetheless, special. We are reading through the Mosaic Bible and participating in the Christian Calendar. I look forward to our readings and candle lightings every morning.

Today, Sunday, begins the start of week 3: Active Anticipation. This verse stood out:


"And so, dear friends, while you are waiting for these things to happen make every effort to be found living peaceful lives that are pure and blameless in his sight." II Peter 3.14

Peaceful. Am I living a peaceful life? Tranquil, calm, restful, quiet? Serene, untroubled, composed, at ease? Unworried, content?

As I am preparing to go to the Midwest in four days, it is hard to remain peaceful. I am anxious and busy and noisy and bustling and sometimes agitated. I am packing. Planning. Thinking and cleaning. Shopping and working. I don't think peace means sitting in my living room all day, sipping cocoa. (Although that would be nice :) It's my state of mind. And my state of mind is a sort of panic disarray.

Lord, I want to strive for peace. A peaceful demeanor. Keep that present.

-B

No comments: