Friday, March 19, 2010

MINT


Jarod and I tackled the monstrous, daunting subject of finances tonight. While our living room floor is still strewn with bank statements, file folders and multi colored sharpies, we have successfully conquered the beast. I want to add that I now know my net worth and all about my ass.. ets. AND, thanks to prodding around my friends blogs, I discovered mint.com. WOW! I have always, always, always ALWAYS dreaded and cringed when thinking about money and balancing books and budgets and... and... However, I can very proudly say that I am a new woman!! Mint.com has seriously changed my life!! I am in love with it. I was a little nervous at first, giving a website unlimited access to our bank accounts, and everything else. But it is totally worth it! You can even split transactions into varying categories, as well as basing the entire budget on percentages because of unpredictable income streams (when you are an hourly employee, like myself). I am giddy with delight over budgeting. This is a new me.

7 comments:

Becca said...

Jarrod and I love it!! It does make you a new woman. ;)

Ess said...

Hmmmm.....I am going to have to check this site out. Thanks! :)

BrookeS said...

Becca - I do confess it was between your blog and Megan White's blog that I found out about mint.com Thanks :)

Becca said...

You do confess? What? That's what the information is there for. I want people to take something away from my blog!

Unknown said...

This is not the Brooke I once knew/know, but I am glad to see this new thingy in your life!! WOW....A BIG NEW YOU! :)

Unknown said...

okay, oops, well, as you can see I am really new to this blog/comments and I had no idea they were printing at the bottom...I was looking at the top and every time I hit enter I didn't see it and it would ask for another 'word verification'!!! But, I am reading them!

Rachel said...

I love mint too, I've been using it for a couple years, everything is synced so well!