Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Home to Springfield, Missouri

The trip back home to Springfield, Missouri last weekend was a completely wonderful whirlwind.  Things were in a bit of a "state" starting last Wednesday evening, as we were getting ready to travel, as well as preparing our home for friends to stay while we were out of town.  Thursday morning was a mad dash as we washed the sheets, dropped Taiga off at her PetSmart Hotel, took Jarod to his can't-miss class, grabbed lunch on the go, sped to Johnny Park to drop off the Jetta, then caught a shuttle to Terminal 6 and finally arrived at Gate 68 with a few moments to spare before boarding.  Phew.  I thought all would be well once we actually put our tray tables up and prepared for takeoff, however, I was mistaken.  I got incredibly air/motion sick and for 3 1/2 hours I fought waves of nausea and hot flashes.  After touching down in Missouri and having my feet on solid ground, I started to feel much better.
My parents picked us up and we went to see my brother and sister-in-law's new place and to have dinner.  I love their apartment!  Let me just say it's brand new with twice as many rooms and bathrooms and it cost HALF as much as our tiny spot that was built in the 60's.  Dumb.  Anyway, Amy had a great meal for us and we hung out and played with their new puppy and caught up on their newlywed life.


No comments: