Monday, November 12, 2012

Charlie Ann's First Birthday

Happy Birthday to our sweet little Charlie Ann.  You are ONE!  And I cant even believe it.  I spent a lot of today (and most of yesterday) reminiscing of where I was last year at this time.  At the hospital, being anxious, laboring and laboring, finally holding my daughter, and those sweet moments following.   It is hard to believe how much has changed in a year.  The days are long, but the years are short. Before I get weepy, I better move on to our celebratory day.  

Charlie Ann's birthday was yesterday, November 11th and we decided to have a little gift opening before church.  As usual, Charlie Ann is pretty stoic, and take things slowly.  We helped her open up her gifts and of course she wanted to play with each one and not open any others.

Reading Grandma's Boo Book with Daddy.

Your first Little People!  A Nativity Set!

Just look at those baby blues.  And this expression kills me.  This was her the whole time we opened presents.  Haha.  Where's your smiles, kid?  However my mom says I was the same way... even when they got me a real puppy for Christmas... Genes.  Guess they're pretty strong.

Sweetie.  And silly knee socks.  Charlie Ann is really into shoes.  She is all about these new bunny shoes.

Party decor!


Sweet feet.

 Angel.  Yes, both.

After her afternoon nap, she was really excited to come downstairs and play with her new toys.   Their memories are amazing.

I made these cupcake toppers and they turned out great.  The cupcakes and the icing... ehh, another story.  I have one year to perfect my skills.

 Bird Nest treats.

 Cake eating!  We had about a dozen friends over in the late afternoon to share in our little celebration.  Charlie Ann is super social, she let everyone hold her and just jabbered away.

 Pretty happy about that cake.






 Family Photo 
November 11, 2012

No comments: