Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sam's Throne, Arkansas

During our visit home, we set aside time for a day trip to Sam's Throne in Northwest Arkansas to do some climbing.  This year, my brother and sister-in-law got to come with my parents and us.   It was so fun to have them along!

Of course, we brought the dogs too... 

and those wild things loved it!  

Crazily enough, Austin had NEVER been climbing.  Here he is on his first route!

 Then Amy took her turn for her first send as well.
(Side note - gotta love that BLUE sky!)
Nice job.

Of course Jarod's laps up and down Windy Arm Buster. Where's Waldo Jarod?

Sam's is just too gorgeous.

The overlook is incredible from the top of the ridge.
 
I like that Amy and I have matching Marmot down jackets :)

Aww, Mom and Dad.

This is Jarod and I from our day trip in 2009.
 
And this is Jarod and I from the recent trip in 2010.
 
Aww, Sam's.  You make us so happy.  

1 comment:

Cynthia Matzat said...

We haven't been to this one. How do you get there? Beautiful pics. :)

Cindy