Sunday, January 2, 2011

Back Home and Back on the Grid

I took 17 days off from all things that plug in, charge or in some fashion, half-heartedly connect me with people.  And it was a nice break.  No Facebook, no phone, no status updates, no blog posting, no email, no tweets, nothing.  And during those 17 days free of electronics, I relished true, face to face time with the people I love and care about.  It was a perfect way to end the 2010 year.

Now... ring in 2011 and here I am, laptop in hand.. Ha.

So during those 17 days, Jarod and I traveled back to our hometowns in Missouri and Oklahoma.  We hopped in the car December 16th and 31 hours later (I-40 closed down somewhere around Albuquerque, New Mexico and we were delayed a few hours by snow and ice) we were sitting on my parent's couch.  Then it was a whirlwind of multiple Christmases, lunch dates with friends, dinners and games with family, Holiday movies, shopping, and lots and lots of food.

On the trek home, we took our time, meeting up with friends from OKC and caravan-ing west together, and sharing a hotel on the Arizona border.   All of which made today (our first day back in LA) not feel like we are in a sleep deprived, hazy jet lag; also meaning less recovery time from the vacation!

I can also say after 16 nights in other beds, I had some wonderful sleep with my own pillows and blankets last night.  It was a great Christmas Vacation with our family and friends, but I am so glad to be back at home in Southern California!

No comments: