Sunday, May 16, 2010

Girls Morning in Old Towne Orange

So my little Book Club friends are quite wonderful. We all spent Saturday morning in Old Towne Orange having breakfast at a FUN little spot called "The Filling Station," went antique browsing and got inspired for decorating ideas (when we can afford it, which is when all of our husbands are out of school and making bank--haha).

This is Rachael. Her and her husband are moving to England in just a few weeks where Ben will work on his doctoral degree in Cambridge. I am SO going to miss this girl!


Heather and I were most intrigued and inspired by the antique shops. We are vowing to have a little antique/vintage craft day pretty soon.


This is everyone in the Book Club: Laura, Rachael, Anne, Heather and me!

This is "The Club" at Laura's house, discussing 'The Red Tent' by Anita Diamante.

But, back to Orange. Look at this SUPER cute little craft idea. They are selling for like 15x's the amount that we could make them for. We just need a little felt, some hot glue & hair pins:

This room ABSOLUTELY inspired me. I love the distressed wood that has been painted lovely whites and slate blues. I love the mirrors, the jars with tree buds, the fun throw pillows, the framed map of the bay, and the wicker. IF Jarod and I move to Santa Barbara, I TOTALLY want my house to have this cool, calm, cozy, beachy feel. Love it, Love IT!


And, what trip would be complete without seeing this:

No comments: