Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mocha Chip Muffins at Midnight

My poor hubby is having to stay up late to finish his LAST paper for the semester! Hooray for last paper, boo for staying up late! So, I just put some home made Mocha Chip Muffins in the oven, and am brewing some Dark Roast Espresso for Jarod. Thankfully, I dont work Wednesdays, so I am going to try and stay up with him as long as possible :) I just got my June Book for my club this evening, so I'm reading the opening chapter of "Cold Mountain" by Charles Frazier, on the couch beside my worker bee.

So the muffins - wow, dangerously easy!! If you're craving some mocha, coffee taste and not a lot of sweet - these are the treats for you :)



Mocha Chip Muffins
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips, and more for sprinkling on top
3 Tbsp good quality cocoa powder
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup strong coffee, room temperature
1/3 cup, plus 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions: Mix all dry ingredients together in medium bowl. In large measuring cup (2 cp) whisk together wet ingredients. Pour wet mix into dry ingredients bowl. Stir JUST until moistened (over stirring on quick breads makes them very tough)

Pour into greased muffin pan (6 LARGE muffin tin works very well). Fill 3/4 full. Sprinkle a few chips on top of each muffin. Bake 20 min at 400 degrees.

No comments: